Thursday, February 05, 2004

The issue of same sex marriage has been brought to my attention quite a bit lately. Once again although I don't claim to understand all of it, I don't see how it is anyone's (including the government, either state or country) place to tell a person who they are allowed to love and spend the rest of their lives with. Why is it the a homosexual couple can spend a life time together, yet have no legal right or benefit of the other. I have friend that has suffered with full blown AIDS for the last 15+ years, and every time he has to go to the hospital his partner (whom he has been with for atleast 10 years) can't even sign the admentance papers!! This man is the one that knows all of his concerns and wishes if and when it comes down to his last minutes.
If we live in a "free country" then we should be able to chose who we spend the rest of our lives with. The government doesn't tell us what religion we have to be, nor does it tell us the beliefs we have to accept. Why then do they feel they have the right to tells who it is OK to marry? Why do my friends have to move out of this "free country" to be legally united and marriage?

not intending to scare anyone. Yes I'm still stright, just ask any of my gay friends.

You know I don't even know wether I think that it is morally right or wrong.
I do know that I love my gay and lesbian friends just the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home