Tuesday, October 10, 2006

3 weeks

So the Army had said that the family could visit for 5 days every 3 weeks, that was the deal.

Now they are saying only every 6 weeks, if that. They say people abuse the system. You might say to yourself well it's only 3 weeks, thats ok right. But you know I made the mistake of looking toward those visits, and baseing my whole well being on those visits. I told myself, "it's ok you'll see him once a month. You'll stay with him and help take care him. you'll be with Megan, you'll sit with her, and talk to her. That means she's only alone for 3 weeks at a time and in those 3 weeks others will visit. she'll know she's not alone, They'll know they're not alone."

I think it's a good thing that I wasn't there. To the Army I want to say:
" Let me tell alittle something about abusing the system. To me abusing the system, is orering very tierd and worn out soldiers who have served their time and are their way home, to turn around and go back. Once they get there you put them out side the camp, out on their own. You close down the dinning halls before their shifts are done. To me abusing the system is offering the world, and then turning your back once the papers are signed."
"Now I don't know if you have any siblings, Mr. Army man, but let let me tell you about mine. He is a boy that has lived his life believing that he needed to take care of me, and doing everything in his power to do so. It's my turn. I need to take care of him. I promised him years ago that would make sure Megan and the girls were Ok while he was away. Now they both need me. Why do you not understand that, that soldier lying in that bed is my little brother? and that very strong and courageous girl leaning over him is my sister-inlaw. and when you tell me that I can count on being there with them once a month and then take it away it hurts. "

Thats it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home