Monday, October 13, 2003

wow! I bought a bike for $12.00.... I've been saying for awhile now that I wanted a bike so one of the guys at work found one at a yard sale, that was really cheap.

I went on my first bike ride this evening...and within 5 min. had my first accident! don't worry no broken bones...I hit a crazy bump and fell. (reliving my childhood).

I went from Stacy's apt. down Ave A to 43rd to Duval to 38th (passed our new home) to Guadalupe then back to stacy's on 51st. it was a nice little ride. I relized that I'm not as young as I used to be nor am I in shape in the least. (hope the new bike will help with that.

As I rode down the dark Hyde park streets I relized how much I love Austin. Or maybe I love fall, or maybe I love Austin in the fall? I enjoyed the feel and smell of the cool breeze and all the cute houses, coffee shops and little grocery stores along the way. And most of all I loved the way it felt like home.

I always thought I was more of a spring type of person but right now I really like fall. Maybe I'm just an all around gal...I like each season as it comes (although Summer gets old REAL fast).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home