Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I wrote this on the 24th while on the way to Bethesda. I had plan to post as soon as I got, but then found that Bethesda is still in 1985 and does not believe in wireless connections... so here it is.

The Roller Coaster Ride!

This whole experience has been a huge, scary ride. You can never see whats coming around the corner. It could be the start to a slow climb up hill, or what feels like a very fast and hard plunge to the ground. Some days it feels like your floating along effortlessly. While other days feel like your trying soo hard to just exist.

And people wonder way I have stomach issues…

Michael came out of the ICU on Sunday. He was doing great…responsive, yet weak and delayed. Yesterday was bad, he lost movement and feeling in the left side and was vomiting allot. They said it was Ok, that he was adjusting and that they would watch him closely.
This morning he was taken back to the ICU. His ICP (Inner cranial pressure) shot way up causing high temperatures (which happens to be a problem with head injury’s, High temperatures could cause the brain to fry and cause more damage) This should also be the cause of paralysis on the one side. I believe the doctors are saying that the paralysis should only temporary, but none the less, one more thing to bring back to the table.

I am on my way back to Maryland for my 2nd visit. I’m getting used to this whole in and out of airports. I think I should look into getting a traveling job.

I’m actually in the air while I type this. I decided to go ahead and type it out on my brand new laptop and post it when I get to the Lodge tonight.

Oh ya…I bought a new laptop, Thanks to Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home