Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Warning this is just me venting...Please do not take offense. Unless you want to!

I have never discredited any of my friends jobs, or thought that they don't work hard. I have always respected my friends and have tried my best to explain their work in the best light. And trust me my friends have had some odd jobs. All I ask is the same in return.

I'm tired of pleople thinking that my job is not as important or hard as other!
Just because I didn't go to school for 4 years doesn't make it any less. It just means that I have been in training for the past 6 years, and I'm still learning. I might not have to get up every morning at 6:00am, but I have to work untill 1:00am! I have to lift and unload heavy boxes, fill shelves, sweep and mop, take out trash, develop and print pictures that noone wants to see. Fix machines do daily maitence on the machines, mix chemicles (that someday will probably be proven to cause cancer) plot graphs on chemicle staus. Take care and listen to the customer, deal with manager, go to my techs and explain what the customer and managers have said, Then return to the customer or manager with a result. Track and manage sales, think of new and creative ways to make sales. And all in a "one hour" time period with a happy smile on my face, closed toed shoes, a dress, skirt or slacks and a funky blue smock.
Then I have to work an entire year just to get 5 paid days off.

And I do it all for only $9.00 an hour.

As if thats not enough to validate my life...on my days off and just about every free time I have I work another job, which I won't even begin to try to list.

I love both my jobs and at the present I wouldn't change anything (well I might work less hours at Walgreens so that I could work more with Fleur de Vie).

Now if you still don't think that my job is hard or important, I invite you to take over for me and see how long you last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home