Friday, November 17, 2006

He went walking and leaping...

He walked!!!

Thats right, you heard correctly....Michael can walk!!

He has a hard time balancing, but then again you try to stand up and walk after being flat for 2 months and having pieces of metal lodged in your brain.
He is doing really well, He can pretty much hold a good conversation. When he gets tierd he starts to do that stare off in space thing again. and he sometimes gets things real mixed up, but he sounds soo alert, and attentive.
He called me the other day to tell me "I'm ok now, so you don't have to worry about me anymore, I really am Lora, you really don't have to worry about me." and then right after that tells me some bogus story that he truely believes is true, but in reality is crazy and never happend.

He is now in Tampa, this is where the rehab will start. and then to SanAntonio.

Good times

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I am so, so glad to hear that!
Every time we get news from you or your blog (I guess both are technically you) I get excited at Michael's progress.
I'm sure my excitement is no where near how happy you are, but I still thought you should know.

Fri Nov 17, 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I haven't been over here for a while, so I had yet to hear about Micahel. I just read over everything, and it's great news how well he's doing. Not that I'd expect something like this to stop him.

Thu Nov 23, 09:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's GREAT!!! He'll be back to his old self by next month at this rate! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Sat Nov 25, 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home